Training course: June 28 – July 4, 2017 (+ 2 travel days) in Bērzaune, Latvia
We believe that everything that we do affects the world – contacts with colleagues, our stated views about socio-political processes in the world, as well as how we are leading ourselves and others in our daily personal and professional life. That is the reason why we see the importance to learn to be a leader.
In the project “Up We Go!” leadership isn’t just a concept to be studied and pondered. Leadership within “Up We Go!” is a step forward towards rising persons successful competitiveness in labor market and meanwhile empowering social inclusion. Within the project tools on how to be a leader will be given through non-formal education experiences which will form bridge towards formal education approaches.
The TRAINING COURSE will create the opportunity for participants to learn more about themselves as a youth leaders and personalities through outdoor experiences. Leadership skills and qualities, gained within the project, will be carried with the person for the rest of their personal and professional life.
Participating countries: Latvia, Slovakia, Spain, Poland, Netherlands, and Romania (3 participants from each country). Arrival – 27th of June. Departure – 5th of July.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Take active part in Europe 2020 strategy by promoting employment among young people and social/economic inclusion;
- Raise awareness about Erasmus+ opportunities, aims and objectives among project target group;
- Foster self-confidence and self-development of youth workers and educators with the aim to increase quality and professionalism of teaching, training and youth work across Europe;
- Increase young peoples potential in labour market by developing appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes (teamwork, communication, leadership, problem solving, flexibility and responsiveness);
- Encourage international cooperations and create value based network system between project partner countries and organizations, so to develop a sense of European citizenship and identity;
- Professional development: importance and benefits of using Youth Pass;
- Exchange and transfer of knowledge: conversation with local youth.
WHO are we looking for?
- Socially active youth, youth workers, social leaders, volunteers or members of non-formal/formal organizations and institutions who are in contact with teenagers and socially excluded youth
- Motivated and interested in the issue of employability in particular among youth. Ideally having previous experience regarding the work with young people in the context of leadership, employability and/or inclusion education and having the ability to use methods and new knowledge in their activities with target group.
- Age limit 18+
- Able to attend the full duration of the event and actively participate throughout the project
- Participants are required to speak and communicate in English
- Participants DO NOT need any advanced previous experience with low and high ropes and climbing techniques.
Project organizers will cover 100% of accommodation and material costs during the training course and follow-up activities days. Traveling costs will be covered according to the Erasmus+ distance calculator. MAX. REFUND OF TRAVEL EXPENSES PER PARTICIPANT traveling from Netherlands is 275 Euro. We require a participation fee of 55 Euro to be paid in advance.
Do you want to improve you leadership skills? Are you ready for an outdoor adventure in an international environment in which you learn more about yourself and teamwork? Apply by sending a short motivation and your CV to email@example.com before Tuesday June 13th.